Cancer & Medical Marijuana
Cancer, is a group of diseases characterized by uncontrolled growth genetically abnormal cells.
There are more than one hundred Cancer types that affect humans. Cancerous tumors may be confined to a local region or can spread, at any moment, to the entire body.
“The evidence is overwhelming that Marijuana can relieve certain types of pain, nausea, vomiting and other symptoms caused by such illnesses as Cancer — or by the harsh drugs sometimes used to treat them. And it can do so with remarkable safety. Indeed, Marijuana is less toxic than many of the drugs that physicians prescribe every day.“
-- Dr. Joycelyn Elders, MD, former US Surgeon General
Most types of Cancers are now commonly treated with Medical Marijuana by Physicians in the US. New strains and derivatives in combination with better medical knowledge Medical Cannabis afford increasingly effective results in the treatment of all diseases, including the dreaded Cancer.
"Hope is the physician of each misery.” – Irish Proverb
- Lumps and growths
- Internal pain - unknown origin
- Excessive bleeding
- Chronic cough
- Weight loss
- Abnormal bowel activity
MMJDOCTORONLINE Notes: Medical Marijuana is commonly prescribed to treat most Cancer symptoms by Marijuana Doctors in the State of California. Our physicians are available for a Cannabis Consultation and provide 420 evaluations and recommendations online, quickly and easily. We also provide MMJ Cards that are accepted by Medical Marijuana Clubs across the state.
Former Reagan Staff on Medical Marijuana
“Marijuana clearly has medicinal value. Several states conducted extensive, and expensive, research programs which demonstrated Marijuana’s medical utility-particularly in the treatment of chemotherapy side-effects. Francis L. Young, the chief administrative law judge of the United States Drug Enforcement Administration, ruled Marijuana has legitimate medical applications and should be available to doctors.”
-- Lyn Nofziger, former Press Secretary to Ronald Reagan
Research Breakthroughs - 83% of Cancer Patients Rate Medical Cannabis Highly !
One of Marijuana’s most common applications is in the treatment of Cancer symptoms and side effects associated with Chemotherapy. Israeli doctors conducted a study of 120 advanced stage Cancer patients that were treated with Medical Cannabis at the Sheba Medical Center.
- More than 50% of patients said Marijuana helped with symptoms of pain, nausea and vomiting and appetite loss.
- 44% also reported reductions in anxiety.
- 70% of patients said Cannabis helped improve general well-being
- 83% ranked the effectiveness of Cannabis as high
-- Journal of Pain and Symptom Management.
Doctors Discover How Medical Cannabis Fights Cancer !
UK Scientists have found out how Cannabinoids, components of Medical Marijuana help prevent the growth and spread of Cancer.
“THC, the major active component of Marijuana, has anti-Cancer properties. This compound is known to act through a specific family of cell receptors called cannabinoid receptors.”
-- Dr. Peter McCormick, University of East Anglia, School of Pharmacy. 2013
Dr. McCormick and team concluded that:
- Injecting THC into mice with implanted tumors caused the cells to suicide, kill themselves
- THC slowed the growth of tumors in breast and brain Cancer cells
- receptors involved in THC anti-cancer action were identified
- CB2 receptors and GPR55 receptors are involved
McCormick notes that the actual mechanisms still remain “poorly understood.”
Sx different compounds in Medical Cannabis have anti-tumor properties was the conclusion of a related study conducted in 2013. It was found that including Cannabidiol (CBD), Cannabigerol (CBG) and Cannabidivarin (CBGV).
-- St. George’s, University of London
MMJDOCTORONLINE Notes: Medical Marijuana Clinics commonly prescribe Cannabis to treat Cancer symptoms and effects of therapy, in most every type of stage of the disorder. Our 420 physicians provide advice through a Medical Marijuana Consultation and supply 420 evaluations, MMJ Cards that allow patients to access Marijuana at Clubs across the State of California.
CANCER - FACTS AND FIGURES
- 2 million cases in the US of Non-melanoma diagnosed in 2012.
- 75,000 cases of melanoma diagnosed in 2012
- 13,000 deaths per year.
- 754,000. number of Google hits for Medical Marijuana and Skin Cancer
- Medical Marijuana extracts and oils are used in California by Cannabis Doctors to treat Skin Cancers
I’ve never seen any documented. We know if you smoke Cannabis your chances of getting lung Cancer are less than if you don’t smoke anything at all.”
-- David L. Bearman, MD, and Medical Marijuana Physician
- 226,160 new cases of lung Cancer per year in the US.
- accounts for about 28 percent of all Cancer deaths
- is the leading cause of death both in men and women
- kills about 170,000 people per year in the US (2010-2015)
- 5-year survival rate is 16 percent (all stages)
- Cigarette smoking is the number one risk factor
- Marijuana smoking. according to literature, does not cause Lung Cancer
- 226,870 new cases of invasive breast Cancer were expected to occur during 2012 in the U.S. Breast Cancer ranks second as a cause of Cancer death in women
- 816,000 hits - Google of "Medical Marijuana and breast Cancer" yields
- Medical Cannabis and Cannabinoids are widely prescribed to treat Breast Cancer symptoms
- 1 in 6 men in the U.S. will probably get Prostate Cancer
- second most common Cancer in men
- about 250,000 new cases each year (US)
- about 30,000 men will die annually from the disease (2010-2015)
- Cannabis and its derivatives are prescribed by California Doctors for Prostate Cancer symptoms
Colon and Rectal Cancer
- 134,784 people in the United States were diagnosed with colorectal Cancer in 2012
- about 50,000 die per year in the US from colorectal Cancer (2010-2015)
- is the third most common Cancer
- Medical Marijuana components THC and Cannabidiol are prescribed, where legal, worldwide to treat lower bowel Cancers
- 64,770 new cases in 2012
- 13,570 deaths in 2012
- key risk factors are tobacco, obesity and hypertension
- THC and Cannabidiol, effective in treatment of Kidney Cancer
- 73,510 new cases of this Cancer were expected in 2012.
- five-year relative survival rate is 80 percent
- Surgery is used in 90 percent of cases
Lymphoma - Non-Hodgkin
- symptoms of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) is swollen lymph nodes
- 30 different kinds of NHL exist
- 70,130 new cases in 2012
- fastest-increasing Cancer in both men and women
- lump in the neck is the most common symptom
- 56,460 new cases of thyroid Cancer predicted in 2012 in the US
- 1,780 deaths from the disease
- abnormal bleeding is an early sign
- 47,130 new cases in 2012
- treatment includes surgery, radiation, chemotherapy and/or hormonal methods
-- Source, in part: www.Cancer.org American Cancer Society,