Hillary Clinton Presidential Marijuana Poll, Finishes at the Back of the Pack
Photo credit - Clinton, no deliverables for marijuana.
Hillary Clinton - Presidential Candidate Marijuana Score: 2 / 45
Mrs. Clinton's score of 2 out of a possible 45 points, reflects her track record of complete inaction and delay tactics toward the legalization of Marijuana at both the Federal and State levels.
Who's the Boss?
"The Clinton campaign received far more money from the drug and medical device industries than any other presidential candidate in either party during the first six months of the campaign. They represent mostly individual donors affiliated with the pharmaceutical industry, as well as some political action committee money."
-- Source, Boston Globe
MMJ Score Breakdown
- Integrity -5
- Acumen ***
- Marijuana IQ **
- Supports legalization of Recreational Marijuana use zero
- Supports legalization of Medical Cannabis *
- Supports Constitution, each State should decide on Medical Marijuana *
- Considers the Recreational use of Marijuana to be a minor offence zero
- Has tried Marijuana zero
- Against the War on Drugs, Marijuana zero
Small Individual Contributions $21,739,943 (17%)
Large Individual Contributions $100,355,685 (79%)
Candidate self-financing $468,037 (0%)
Synapsis of Clinton's Abysmal MMJ Score
From what Hillary Clinton says, you'd think that she's great proponent of the American way of life and would be a friendly force in the effort to legalize and decriminalization Marijuana.
However, her lengthy record in relation to any kind of proactive action, tells a completely different tale. As a very powerful figure in Federal politics for more than 25 years, she's done nothing noteworthy for the cause of Medical or Recreational Marijuana. In fact, to date, Federal forces, both Democrat and Republican have been the deadliest of foes, effectively blocking all industrial, Medical and Recreational uses of Marijuana.
Neither Clinton has ever championed the legalization of Medical Cannabis in their home state of Arkansas, as illustrated in the failed 2012 State legalization bill. Clinton still calls Marijuana a gateway drug, while the Colorado experiment clearly shows that legalization effectively removed the criminal and hard drug elements from the equation.
In addition, both Bill and Hillary have been on the Too Big to Fail Corporations payroll their entire careers. Clinton is the biggest spender of the 2016 Presidential candidates with a whopping $100 plus million coming thus far from Big Corp, which definitely includes Big Pharma.
What Hillary said about Marijuana
“I didn’t do it when I was young, I’m not going to start now.”
“I think we need to be very clear about the benefits of Marijuana use for medicinal purposes, I don’t think we’ve done enough research yet.”
"I want to see how Medical Marijuana works in Colorado and Washington before she endorses legalization on the national level."
"I think that we have the opportunity through the states that are pursuing Recreational Marijuana to find out a lot more than we know today,”
“I think we’re just at the beginning, but I agree completely with the idea that we have got to stop imprisoning people who use Marijuana.”
“I think the Feds should be attuned to the way Marijuana is still used as a gateway drug and how the drug cartels from Latin America use Marijuana to get footholds in the States, so there can’t be a total absence of law enforcement, but what I want to see, and I think we should be much more focused on this, is really doing good research so we know what it is we’re approving.”
- Stop imprisoning Marijuana users. (Oct 2015)
- More drug diversion; more community policing. (Apr 2015)
- Medical Marijuana now; wait-and-see on Recreational Cannabis. (Jul 2014)
- Medical Marijuana maybe ok; states decide Recreational use. (Jun 2014)
- Reduce sentencing disparity for crack, but not retroactively. (Dec 2007)
- 1969: held herself aloof from college drug counterculture. (Jul 2007)
- Divert non-violent drug offenders away from prison. (Jun 2007)
- Gov. Clinton implicated in his brother Roger’s drug arrest. (Feb 2004)
- Address drug problem with treatment and special drug courts. (Oct 2000)
- Ambiguous reports of 1960s college alcohol & drug use. (Aug 1999)
- Involved parents most influential in reducing teen drug use. (Sep 1996)
- End harsher sentencing for crack vs. powder cocaine. (Jun 2007)
- Require chemical resellers to certify against meth use. (Sep 2007)
Despite her lip service to the contrary, Clinton did nothing proactive toward Marijuana legalization and in fact, proposes to delay the process through further "study". She appears to know nothing about the 29,000+ studies in the government’s own PubMed database, or has witnessed polls, like the one that finds 90% of Coloradans that voted to legalize Marijuana are very happy with their decision today.
In summary, Clinton has done nothing of substance for the MMJ cause, past or present, and we find no compelling evidence that her tune will change into the future.
MMJDOCTORONLINE Notes: We are a leader in Medical Marijuana Telehealth Services. We specialize in 420 Recommendations and Marijuana Consultations by California Licensed Physicians. We also provide MMJ ID Cards that verify that patients are legally entitled to consume, cultivate and purchase Medical Cannabis from any licensed dispensary in the State. Patient's can confirm their legality to use MMJ - 24/7 - online on this website or by phone.